Job posting – Senior Developer / Software Engineer
WEBclusive is looking for a Senior Developer with a sharp eye for quality and a passion for craftsmanship to play a central role in our development team in our headquarters in central Amsterdam.
Who are we?
WEBclusive is the leading crowdfunding development studio in Europe.
We believe in the motto “the only way to go fast is to go well”, i.e.: we achieve productivity not through long hours, quick & dirty hacks and a large pool of codemonkeys, but by having a small team of dedicated professionals that put quality first.
Central to our approach are the needs of the client and the abilities of the developers. We like to keep the amount of paperwork, meetings and management to an absolute minimum.
We have an international development team, so our working language is English.
Who are you?
You are an experienced developer who loves “beautiful” code, but who also realizes that code is but a means to an end. You see the bigger picture, and for you the words “it’s 95% done” are likely to set off alarm bells.
You would rather write scalable and flexible software that is open to change than to just type out code based on detailed and fixed specs.
You enjoy sharing your considerable knowledge with others, but you are also eager to learn and are aware that there may still be much you don’t know.
- Is a good match with our toolbox. (See above.)
- Adds something to ours. (Preferably in areas such as front-end, devops or mobile.)
No experience with PHP/Symfony is not a dealbreaker if you have experience with multiple similar development stacks (Zend Framework, Rails, Django, etc) and can add something substantial to our knowledge.
What can we offer?
We can offer you a position in which you can fully realize your ambitions as a developer. You can choose your own tools (hardware & software), and together with your coworkers you decide the strategy.
Your ability to get results that make our clients happy determines to a large extent the freedom you have in organizing your work, including working from home.
- Great salary and benefits.
- Fulltime or parttime position, with a minimum of 32 hours.
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth.
- Challenging projects for high profile clients.
- Personal budget for tools, education, conferences etc.
- The option to publish your code as Open Source.
- A little blue elePHPant.
Note for applicants from outside The Netherlands
- EU citizens are welcome to apply.
- Applicants from outside the EU should provide ample documentation to convince us visa and work permits are not an issue. Unless you we are deeply impressed by your total awesomeness we are unlikely to make much of an effort to secure the right permits for you.
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken) is required.
- Dutch is optional in principle, but in order to maintain a workable balance we currently give preference to people with good Dutch language skills. At the very least, you will be expected to learn the language.